Home extensions with Glassar Projects
Home extensions are a great way to add more living space to your home without having to move. Glassar Projects are a family run business with over 16 years experience in the home improvement industry, and they offer a wide range of services, from home extensions and conservatories to roofing, windows and doors. They are based in Liverpool and operate throughout Liverpool, Merseyside and Cheshire
Home extensions – what are they and why might you need one?
Home extensions are a great way to add more space to your home without having to move. They can be used for a variety of purposes, such as an extra bedroom, a home office, or even just more living space. Home extensions can be custom-made to fit your needs, and they are a great way to add value to your home. If you’re considering getting a home extension, here are some things you need to know:
1. Home extensions can be custom-made to fit your needs.
2. Home extensions are a great way to add value to your home.
3. Home extensions can be used for a variety of purposes.
4. Home extensions are a great way to add more space to your home without having to move.
Types of home extensions – which one is right for you?
When it comes to home extensions, there are a few different types to choose from. Here’s a look at the most common ones:
1. Lean to home extensions – This is the most popular type of home extension, and it can be used to add extra living space, a new kitchen or bathroom, or even a bedroom.
2. Internal conversions – If you have a loft or garage that’s unused, you could convert it into an extra room. This is a great option if you don’t want to go through the hassle (and expense) of doing a full home extension.
3. Home improvements – If your home is already big enough, but you want to make some improvements to it, you could do things like add an extra bathroom or bedroom, or renovate your kitchen or living room.
Which type of home extension is right for you will depend on your needs and budget. Contact us to find out more about your options.
The process of getting a home extension built
If you’re thinking of having a home extension built, you’ll need to go through a few steps in order to make it happen. Here’s what you need to know:
1. Talk to Your Local Council
First of all, you’ll need to talk to your local council about building a home extension. They’ll be able to tell you whether or not you need planning permission, and they can also give you advice on the building process.
2. Find an Experienced Builder…us!
Once you’ve got the go-ahead from your local council, it’s time to find an experienced builder who can help you bring your home extension to life. Do some research to find a builder who has experience in building the type of extension you want, and get some quotes to compare prices.
3. Draw Up Your Plans
Once you’ve found a builder you’re happy with, it’s time to start drawing up your plans. You’ll need to think about things like the size of your extension, what materials you want to use, and what type of layout you want. Your builder will be able to help you with this process.
4. Start Building!
Once you’ve got your plans sorted, it’s time to start building your home extension. This process can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months, depending on the size and complexity of your extension.
5. Enjoy Your New Space!
Once your home extension is complete, you’ll be able to enjoy your new space. Whether you’re using it as an extra room for your family or as a home office, you’re sure to love the results.
Home extension costs – how much will it set you back
Home extension costs can vary significantly depending on the size and type of extension that is being built. Generally, home extensions will cost anywhere between £10,000 and £1,000,000. Of course, the final cost will also depend on factors such as the location of the home, the type of materials used and the amount of work required.
If you are considering a home extension, it is important to speak to a professional about the potential costs involved. Glassar Projects have been helping homeowners extend their homes for over 16 years, so we have a wealth of experience to draw upon. We can provide you with a free, no-obligation quote for your home extension, so you can see exactly how much it will cost.
To get started, simply contact us today and we’ll be happy to help.
Planning permission for home extensions – do you need it or not
Home extensions do not always require planning permission however it is always best to check with your local council before starting any work. many home extensions can be done under what is called permitted development rights, which means that you don’t need to apply for planning permission as long as you follow certain rules. these include keeping the extension within certain limits in terms of height and size, and not making any external changes to the appearance of your home. if you’re unsure about whether or not you need planning permission for your home extension, you can always contact your local council for advice.
10 home extensions ideas that will inspire you
Home extensions are a great way to add space and value to your property. If you’re looking for inspiration, Liverpool is a great place to start. From contemporary glass boxes to traditional brick extensions, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are 10 of the best:
1. The Glass Box by Code Studio Architects: This clean and minimalist extension makes the most of natural light, with large windows and a patio door that opens onto the garden.
2. The Curved Extension by ShedKM: This brick extension features a curved glass façade, which creates a bright and airy space.
3. The Brick Box by Sutton Griffin Architects: This simple but striking extension is made from bricks that have been laid in a herringbone pattern.
4. The Timber-Clad Extension by Hayhurst and Co: This beautiful extension is clad in Western Red Cedar, which will age gracefully over time.
5. The Cob House by Rural Office for Architecture: This traditional cob house has been sensitively extended, with the new addition blending seamlessly into the old.
6. The Glass House by De Matos Ryan: This all-glass extension provides panoramic views of the garden, and is the perfect place to enjoy the outdoors all year round.
7. The Conservatory by Glassar Projects: This light and airy conservatory is the perfect place to relax, with its own private garden.
8. The Orangery by Synthesis Design+Architecture: This modern take on the traditional Orangery is clad in zinc and features a glazed roof.
9. The Brick Extension by Moxon Architects: This simple but effective extension makes use of existing materials, with the bricks being reused from the original house.
10. The Stone House by Rural Office for Architecture: This sensitively extended stone cottage retains its original character, with the new addition being carefully designed to blend in with the old.
Looking for home extensions in Liverpool? Look no further than Glassar Projects! We offer a wide range of home extension services, from small single-storey extensions to large multi-storey extensions. Our team of expert builders are with you every step of the way, from planning to completion.
For more information on our home extensions services, please visit our website, instagram page @GlassarProjects or contact us today for a free quote.
To find out more about take a look at out our quick quote calculator